Dave (God rest his soul) has tagged me with a request for 'Five Things About Me'. I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of facts I've yet to reveal about myself on the internet, which is handy, because that's exactly what he wants.
I've been warned by means of capital letters that the following paragraph MUST be included in my post. I'm not sure why. Probably something to do with health & safety.
"Remember that it isn't always the sensational stuff that writers are looking for, it can just as easily be something that you take for granted like having raised twins or knowing how to grow beetroot. Mind you, if you know how to fly a helicopter or have worked as a film extra, do feel free to let the rest of us know about it."
I like the way the author of that piece seems to rank film extra work a lot higher than raising twins. But anyhoo. Here go the facts...
1. I'm currently shopping in the town of Suran in the province of Morrowind, where I'm known as Minton the Orc. I chose the name Minton because I wanted to be bad. Even in a virtual universe I can't resist a pun.
2. I buy sugar-free barley sugar (which shouldn't be possible) from Caramella in Kensington Gardens. Which I always thought was in London.
3. I almost replied to this advert in yesterday's Brighton Argus.
4. I wrote this a couple of years ago, and grew to hate every humourless, snail-paced, painfully painstaking word of it. Though I quite enjoy the e-mails from people who think it's real.
5. I think I'm coming down with a cold.
So there you go. My life is an open book. Albeit with a few pages missing.